The most recent science hack with Samantha Jacques explores the idea of density.
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — This STEM exercise can have everybody prepared for Halloween. Why does the tea bag ghost fly when lit on hearth?
- Tea Luggage
- Glass plate
- BBQ Starter or Matches
- Use scissors to chop off the highest of the teabag. It will help you take away the string, staple, and tea contents from the bag.
- Unfold the bag in order that it’s a cylinder. You’ll be able to trim off one finish to make the teabag stand flat. You can too spherical out the opposite finish to make it seem like a ghost.
- Use a marker to provide your ghost a face.
- Place your tea bag cylinder onto the glass plate.
- Have an grownup gentle the highest of the teabag.
- Watch the ghost fly.
Because the teabag burns it creates warmth The heated air will rise above the cooler dense air above it. The density of the teabag is lower than that of the cool air, permitting the heated bag to rise — or, as a ghost would possibly do, fly!
STEM is for everybody. For extra enjoyable and academic experiments, take a look at the next hyperlinks:
Final week’s hack with Samantha Jacques:
►Make it simple to maintain updated with extra tales like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.