The Metropolis of Falls Church is encouraging companies to arrange for winter and apply for COVID-19 aid grants value as much as $100,000.
Underneath the brand new standards, companies which have lower than $10 million in gross income or fewer than 250 workers can be eligible to obtain as much as $100,000, which is 10 instances the unique grant most.
The Rebuild VA Grant Fund is a program to assist small companies and non-profits whose operations have been disrupted by COVID-19. Rebuild VA will now be open to all forms of Virginia small companies that meet dimension and different eligibility necessities, from eating places and summer season camps to farmers and retail outlets.
That is along with the $250,000 that the Metropolis of Falls Church agreed to appropriate final week from the town’s CARES Act funding to present to small companies. Companies that beforehand obtained a Rebuild VA grant will obtain a second award according to the up to date pointers.
Falls Church Metropolis spokesperson Susan Finarelli says the Rebuild VA program growth is particularly welcome because the cooling climate might current further challenges to native companies.
“The Metropolis of Falls Church is making an attempt to assist Metropolis companies succeed by means of the pandemic with grants, particular permits, and sharing assets and knowledge,” Finarelli stated in an e-mail. “…The extra companies and non-profits than can profit, the higher for all the group.”
Authorized Rebuild VA candidates might obtain grants of 3 times their common month-to-month recurring eligible working bills, plus COVID-related bills, as much as a most of $100,000. Candidates who’ve obtained CARES Act funding should not eligible to obtain reimbursement for COVID-related bills beneath the Rebuild VA grant.
Eligible recurring working bills embody:
- Payroll and advantages
- Mortgage funds
- Lease or Lease funds
- Principal and curiosity funds for enterprise loans incurred earlier than or throughout the emergency
Eligible COVID-related working bills, made on or after March 24, embody:
- Bills to adjust to security requirements referring to COVID-19 prevention
- Bills to reconfigure enterprise services to adjust to bodily distancing requirements, together with the set up of drive-through home windows
- Bills for utilizing or phasing-in touch-free know-how or tools
- Buy of apparatus, infrastructure, know-how or different companies to arrange for and reply to coronavirus
- Buy of apparatus, infrastructure, know-how or different capital property to forestall transmission and supply a wholesome and secure work setting
Picture by way of Governor of Virginia/Facebook