Hurrah for Norman Foster (The pandemic will accelerate the evolution of our cities, 24 September). In contrast to most males of his age, whose opening gambit is a bitch, his article on the way forward for cities was stuffed with the passion of youth and the knowledge of age. All energy to his pencil.
• £16,000 for Prince Andrew to fly from England to Northern Eire (UK royals set for cutbacks after £35m pandemic blow, 25 September), at a time when Flybe nonetheless supplied “regional connectivity”? We woz robbed!
• I disagree about stopping the clocks going again to maintain British summer season going this yr (Letters, 25 September). Absolutely one much less hour of 2020 is an efficient factor?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire
• A correct coup at all times used to start out with taking up the TV and radio stations (Hardline BBC critics reportedly offered top media roles, 26 September). It’s good to know the Conservatives are nonetheless sustaining some traditions.
• Thanks for not describing Sir Jim Ratcliffe as a “excessive net-worth particular person”. You saved me from writing one other letter about that (Sir Jim Ratcliffe, UK’s richest person, moves to tax-free Monaco, 25 September).
• I’d at all times thought the final phrase on this was “Jesus saves! However God collects the curiosity” (Letters, 24 September).