On Sunday, we launched the primary of a number of profiles on native boys’ basketball gamers to look at throughout the 2020-21 season — assuming it occurs, in fact, amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Centennial’s Khailieo Terry, a Champaign Central switch, spoke about what it’s prefer to be famend for dunking and what legacy he feels he’s left on Champaign highschool hoops forward of his senior season.
I’m not going to spoil which different athletes will comply with on this sequence. Nevertheless, I really feel it’s solely honest to place a highlight on a few of the boys who received’t be concerned however nonetheless are value maintaining a tally of this winter:
Trey Bazzell (Sr., Prairie Central).
- A returning Information-Gazette All-Space first-teamer, Bazzell helped the Hawks to a No. 1 seed within the Class 2A postseason final 12 months. He’s already reached 1,000 profession factors and averaged practically 20 per sport as a junior for a squad that received 24 video games.
Cale Steinbaugh (Jr., Georgetown-Ridge Farm).
- Steinbaugh broke out as a freshman in 2018-19 and continued this sturdy play in 2019-2020, surpassing 1,000 profession factors as a sophomore. Maybe Steinbaugh’s largest accomplishment final season, although, was guiding the Buffaloes to their first Vermilion County Event title sport since 1988.
Elijah Tidwell (Sr., Bismarck-Henning/Rossville-Alvin). Staying in Vermilion County, Tidwell served as a stable Robin to defending All-Space Participant of the Yr Drew Reifsteck
- ‘s Batman. Tidwell now might be requested to man a ship that sailed all the way in which to a Class 2A super-sectional final season.
Amareon Parker (Sr., Centennial). Although he may get overshadowed by Terry, Parker is extra aware of coach Tim Lavin
- ‘s system and was integral to the Chargers racking up 17 victories within the earlier marketing campaign. He’s additionally a fairly thrilling participant each within the paint and past the arc.
Isaiah Thompson (Jr., Judah Christian). The Tribe has developed a sizzling spot for gifted hoopsters in recent times. Judah’s three-headed risk in 2019-2020 was Thompson, Noah Jackson and Tyler Grenda
- . The latter two have graduated, which means level guard Thompson seemingly shall be requested to shoulder much more of a load this coming season.
Colin Likas is the preps coordinator at The Information-Gazette. He may be reached at email@example.com, or on Twitter at @clikasNG.