– Software course of for All IN is open now via October 31 at www.AllInForEquity.ca –
– All IN enhances Rogers’s dedication to constructing an inclusive tradition for its staff members, clients, and all communities throughout Canada –
TORONTO, Oct. 01, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Rogers Sports activities & Media goes All IN on its inclusion and variety plan, saying at the moment an action-focused program that features giving a minimal of $10 million in free promoting and artistic providers over the subsequent 5 years to charities and small companies that help equity-seeking communities.
Over the previous few months, Rogers Sports activities & Media has intently listened to and realized from Rogers staff members and companions about quite a lot of systemic racial points inherent in our society, and these learnings have acutely formed the All IN plan. As a part of the corporate’s all-encompassing inclusion and variety technique, Rogers is utilizing its sports activities and media belongings to assist speed up its progress and drive tangible actions targeted on the varied wants of all Canadians.
“All IN is devoted to taking actions that may drive much-needed constructive change as we tackle racial injustice and social unrest,” stated Jordan Banks, President, Rogers Sports activities & Media. “Rogers Sports activities & Media acknowledges its distinctive function and accountability and we’re utilizing our media megaphone to amplify voices that haven’t all the time been heard with equal measure. We are going to proceed to create and ship the tales that precisely characterize Canada’s variety whereas our on-air personalities and staff are inspired to proceed utilizing their platforms to precise their views and opinions in help of anti-racism.”
Sharon Hinds, a passionate and influential advocate from throughout the Black group at Rogers Sports activities & Media, has been employed to guide All IN, which focuses on 5 pillars:
- Enterprise: Give a minimal of $5 million over the subsequent 5 years in free promoting and artistic providers to native companies owned by BIPOC and equity-seeking communities
- Group: Give a minimal of $5 million over the subsequent 5 years in free promoting and artistic providers to charities that help BIPOC and equity-seeking communities
- Content material: Launch an inside Content material Advisory Council to additional improve variety of thought and guarantee editorial content material precisely displays the range of our communities
- Hiring & Profession Development Practices: Introduce applications and recruitment methods, in partnership with Rogers, to enhance variety in any respect ranges of the group together with management
- Mentorship & Sponsorship: Set up a program to offer younger folks from equity-seeking communities the instruments, help, and sources to efficiently enter and advance within the sports activities and media trade
Rogers Sports activities & Media is already working with two charities and two companies to pilot All IN – Indspire, Massive Brothers Massive Sisters, How She Hustles, and Reelworld Movie Competition.
About Rogers Sports activities & Media
Rogers Sports activities & Media is a various sports activities and content material firm that engages greater than 30 million Canadians every week. The corporate’s multimedia choices embody 56 radio stations, 29 native TV stations, 23 standard and specialty tv stations, podcasts, digital and e-commerce web sites, and sporting occasions. Rogers Sports activities & Media delivers distinctive storytelling via its vary of highly effective manufacturers: Citytv, OMNI Tv, FX, TSC, 680 NEWS, 98.1 CHFI, KiSS, Breakfast Tv, Cityline, CityNews, Sportsnet – Canada’s #1 sports activities community, and the Blue Jays – Canada’s solely Main League Baseball staff. Rogers Sports activities & Media is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Go to RogersSportsandMedia.com.
Caitlin Decarie, Rogers Sports activities & Media, 647-299-6733
Andrea Goldstein, Rogers Sports activities & Media, 647-801-4394