A extra proactive strategy to serving to small companies is the principle focus a strategic financial improvement plan town of Sandy Springs is creating.
Greater than 80% of town’s companies make use of fewer than 10 folks, Financial Growth Director Andrea Worthy mentioned throughout a Metropolis Council work session on Oct. 20.
The highest takeaway in RKG Consulting’s report is a much bigger emphasis on small enterprise that leads town to be extra proactive.
Full implementation of the advisor’s suggestion requires a doubling of present sources, which is in step with different packages within the area, Worthy mentioned.
She mentioned town’s Financial Growth division — which consists of two workers members — must be extra proactive. However to do this, it wants extra workers, particularly to achieve out to small companies.
Councilmember Jody Reichel the vital factor is to rent somebody to be the purpose particular person between town and native companies.
At Councilmember Tibby DeJulio’s questioning, Worthy mentioned present priorities are creating jobs, capital funding and interacting with firms that contact the division. Most of what Worthy and Caroline Davis, the opposite member of the division, do is reactive by answering calls and referring firms to sources provided by different companies.
The RKG report suggests prioritizing retention and growth of town’s small companies. Metropolis efforts ought to concentrate on maintaining these firms and serving to them develop, the report mentioned.
Particularly with the pandemic, the demand for workplace house has decreased, with live-work experiences taking a much bigger precedence.
Worthy mentioned a request for a workers place centered on small enterprise will seemingly be delivered to Metropolis Council at one of many subsequent funds cycles.
“A small enterprise liaison is my primary precedence,” she mentioned.
The prioritized implementation objectives instructed included:
- Create alternatives for entrepreneurs and small enterprise homeowners to start out and develop companies in Sandy Springs.
- Proactively have interaction present firms to strengthen enterprise retention and growth.
- Improve group consciousness of town’s financial alternatives and challenges to make sure knowledgeable decision-making.
- Assist regional efforts to draw new firms to Sandy Springs that provide better-than-average wage charges.
- Centralize and broaden town’s information assortment efforts to raised inform financial improvement actions and insurance policies.
· Proceed to construct town’s implementation associate community and collaborative efforts.